CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH
THE LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Saturday, January 18, 2020
TOPIC: WHERE ARE YOU SPENDING YOUR ETERNITY?
Read Luke 9:57-62
57. And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58. And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59. And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60. Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61. And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
MEMORISE: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad (2 Corinthians 5:10)
Do you know that you have an immortal, undying soul that when you close your eyes in death would live eternally, either in hell or heaven. Eternity is time without end, better still, timelessness. It is the lifetime of the eternal God, and man shares this eternal nature too, because God breathed into man’s body of dust, at creation to make him a living soul. So those who think death is the termination of man’s existence are greatly mistaking. Death is only a gateway to eternity.
Consider the awesomeness of eternity as you reflect on this analogy. Suppose you were to empty the ocean with a teacup, the time it will take to finish the task is only a negligible part of eternity. Eternity is indeed a timeless time. The awesomeness and limitedness of eternity cannot be fully comprehended, or appreciated by the ordinary faculty of man.
Now that you have a better glimpse of what eternity looks like, it is important for you to ask yourself this heart-searching question: “Where will I spend eternity after death? Will it be in heaven or hell?”
So, every religion and doctrine that teaches that we have the opportunity to atone for our sins in the life after, teach a damnable heresy. Every teaching that tells us that God is too merciful to damn any soul He created in hell, is already preparing you for the greatest ruin. We must remain steadfast in the Lord, never turning back to the attraction and allurements of the world, because no man, having put his hands on the plough and looking back is fit for the Kingdom of God (Lk 9:62).
1. Lord, grant me the grace to live my life in view of Your eternity.
2. O my God, may the attraction and allurements of the world blind me not from eternity, in Jesus’ name.
3. Lord, put eternity more consciously in the hearts of our female ministers, so that the affected ones would stop misbehaving, most especially, sexually.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 37 – 38 & Matthew 18
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE