CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH
THE LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Monday, December 30, 2019
TOPIC: PRISONER OR COMFORTER? (II)
Read Acts 28:7-10
7. In the same quarters were possessions of the chief man of the island, whose name was Publius; who received us, and lodged us three days courteously.
8. And it came to pass, that the father of Publius lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux: to whom Paul entered in, and prayed, and laid his hands on him, and healed him.
9. So when this was done, others also, which had diseases in the island, came, and were healed:
10. Who also honoured us with many honours; and when we departed, they laded us with such things as were necessary.
MEMORISE: For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8b)
Though in chain towards Rome, the Word and power of God in Paul’s life were not chained. God’s ministers must be sensitive to, and in every situation, and cooperate with the Holy Spirit to turn them around for God’s glory.
Having escaped the venomous beast, Paul was welcomed into the house of a notable man called Publius, at Malta, whose father had fever and dysentery. God worked through Paul to heal him and many others who heard of his generosity and came to be touched. Jesus manifested to destroy the works of the devil (Acts 10:38). Who are you where you work? You are not where you are by accident. Are you always crying or stopping people from crying? As workers in the church, are you not complaining of not getting anything for your labour, or not given recognition for your contributions? Always see yourself in the mirror of God. You are wonderfully and fearfully made (Psa. 139:14).
A lot of us are wasting God’s grace upon us, because of little challenges, fear and discouragement. Believers must know that every man born of a woman is in the midst of troubles (Job. 14:16), and so, we must not promote our challenges than the God we are carrying. Stop always seeing yourself as one in bondage. Do not stop working, as night will soon come when no man can work, and the bell will ring for you to give account of your stewardship. Note: God will never take excuses. Let us make hay while the sun shines.
1. Lord, don’t allow me to miss the purpose of my existence.
2. Lord, help me to see and utilize every opportunity that opens to me to save souls.
3. Lord, please bring our nation back from her current predicaments.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Zechariah 10:3 – 14:13; Revelation 21:6 – 21:26
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE