CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH
THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Saturday January 11, 2020
TOPIC: LIVE BY EXAMPLE
Read 1 Timothy 4:12-13
12. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
13. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
MEMORISE: Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. (1 Timothy 4:12)
Apostle Paul admonished his son in the Lord, Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. As believers, we sometimes face challenges of diverse natures, such as, persecution, reproach and affliction, even as we are committed to trusting God. That should not stop us from living an exemplary Christian life. We should remain steadfast in faith and live in accordance with the Word of God.
The admonition to Timothy was that even though he was a youth, it was not a guarantee for him to misbehave. He must live out a Christ-like life worthy of emulation in every area of life, despite the challenges he had. In conversation, he must be prudent in words. In charity, i.e. love, he must not be found wanting. He must live by faith, trusting and depending on God for, and in all things. He must be Spirit-filled and led by the Holy Spirit, devoid of carnal influence. He must be pure from the heart and not live a double standard or hypocritical life. This admonition is for us, also, if we must live by Christ’s example for all to see.
To live by example is a sure way of preaching the Scripture and quite an effective tool to impact other people positively. The life and success of the young bishop, Timothy, in life and ministry undoubtedly attest to this. Never you be one whose life drives people far from Christ’s kingdom. Let the beauty of Christ be seen in you, everywhere. Be determined to live by example, to the glory of God, always.
1. To affect my generation positively, help me, o Lord, to live by Your example, all the days of my life.
2. O Lord, I stand against every spirit of hypocrisy that can hinder me from living a life worthy of my calling as a Christian, in Jesus’ name.
3. Pray that Christian students in higher institutions of learning would not be ashamed to bear the torch of Christ’s holiness, regardless of the decadence around them.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 25; Matthew 11
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE