CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH
THE LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Monday, January 13, 2020
TOPIC: HOW TO ENJOY DIVINE BACKING
Read Numbers 23:18-23
18. And he took up his parable, and said, Rise up, Balak, and hear; hearken unto me, thou son of Zippor:
19. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
20. Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it.
21. He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.
22. God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.
23. Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought!
MEMORISE: For there is no sorcery against Jacob, nor any divination against Israel (Numbers 23:23a)
Our key text for today’s devotional is a prophecy that any child of God can claim. Although, it was initially meant for the children of Israel then, yet, we too can claim the prophecy today. The reason for this is that, whatever Israel was to God then, is what we are to Him, today, like being the apple of God’s eye (Deut. 32:10). The New Testament believers are even called the Israel of God (Gal. 6:16). But as the children of Israel needed to fulfil a condition before they could enjoy divine backing, we too must do the same today.
When Balak, King of Moab, wanted to attack Israel, he hired Balaam to curse them for him. All his efforts to get Israel cursed proved abortive, because these people were enjoying divine backing and blessing. Whenever Balaam opened his mouth to talk against Israel, the reverse was the case. It was blessing for the people that God put into his mouth (Num. 23:1-18). Balak had to forbid Balaam from acting contrary to his directives (v. 25). That was the height of frustration for the one trying to curse the blessed people of God who were in tune with Him.
Eventually, Balaam revealed the secret of the divine backing the people enjoyed: ‘He has not observed iniquity in Jacob, nor has He seen wickedness in Israel. The Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a King is among them’ (v. 21). This tallies with the scriptural assurance, ‘When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him’ (Prov. 16:7). Do your ways please God? Hope you are not wallowing in sin? Check your ways now, and make the necessary amends for you to enjoy divine backing (Rom. 6:7). Only those who walk not in the devil’s counsel, but God’s Law and Way, would enjoy God’s incomparable favour that brings unmatchable prosperity (Psa. 1:1ff).
1. Lord, save me from sins that can prevent me from enjoying Your backing.
2. There is no sorcery or divination against me, in any ramification, in Jesus’ name.
3. Pray for all the Christian drivers to solely rely on God’s backing over and against of diabolic powers.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 28 – 29 & Matthew 13
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE