CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH
THE LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Wednesday January 8, 2020
TOPIC: ENTER HIS COURTS WITH PRAISES
Read Psalms 84:1-12
1. How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!
2. My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
3. Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God.
4. Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.
5. Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6. Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
7. They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
8. O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9. Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
10. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11. For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12 O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
MEMORISE: I long, yes, faint with longing to be able to enter your courtyard and come near to the Living God. (Psalms 84:2)
God is greater than what any man can describe with human language. Yet, He deserves our praises with the same human language He has given us. We should praise Him always. What is praise to living God? Praises are the implicit and explicit words of adoration and worship, poured out from our mouths to exalt God for Who He is. Praises are words of exaltation and extolling, directed to God for His majesty and greatness. Whenever you are praising God you are exalting Him for His PERSON, PERSONALITY and MAJESTY. The reason for this is that, you have entered His courts and seen Who He is, the sovereign God with absolute power and majesty.
The purity of God, His majesty on the throne, His faultlessness, holiness, His awesomeness, His attraction with fear, His power, authority, His supremacy, His immortality, His immutability, as the only God, His omniscience, His omnipresence, His omnipotent, His eternity, and all other divine attributes that He has, that other gods/idols can never possess, make praise due only Him.
When you enter His courts with praise and you give Him praises you are ascribing to Him what He is worthy to receive from you and indeed what rightly belongs to Him as His creature. The Book of psalms is full praises to God for His majesty and awesome wonders. Are you ready to praise Him? Begin to praise Him and see His wonder in your heart and life, today.
Go beyond the gates and enter the courts of the Lord, today, with praises (Psa. 100:4). You will see His face in the courts than people through the gates. Let us praise God. Praise Him! Hallelujah!
1. Sing as much as possible songs and hymns of praises to God for His absolutely indescribable doings.
2. Father, I say, You alone are worthy of my praise.
3. Praise God for the redemption and salvation of your soul and the fact that He would reach others through you.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 19-20; Matthew 8
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE