THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
📆 Tuesday, November 19, 2019
TOPIC: A SENSELESS PERSON
READ: Proverbs 7:6-27
MEMORISE: And saw among the simple, I perceived among the youths, a young man devoid of understanding (Proverbs 7:7)
Advanced learner’s dictionary gives the meaning of ‘senseless’ as thus ‘lacking meaning or purpose, without common sense, pointless, meaningless, without consideration, awareness or sound judgments, unreasonable, unwise, stupid’. A senseless person in our text today does not represent the person with physical loss of memory, or madness. It is an emotional loss of memory and emotional madness. It is a moment that brings down the mighty warrior; the period of carnality.
- The following according to our Living Water passage, today, among others, describes a senseless person:
- Anyone who goes in to a harlot (vv. 8-13);
- Anyone who doesn’t know that he/she pays a vow through every sexual act (v. 14);
- Anyone who doesn’t know that a harlot has been diligently seeking his/her face, and has finally found him/her (v. 15).
- Whosoeverkisses or has sex with another person’s spouse (vv. 13, 18-19);
- Whosoever doesn’t know that having sex with a strange man/woman will cost him/her, his/her life (vv. 20-23); and
- Whoever doesn’t know that premarital and extramarital sex are a highway to hell (vv. 26-27).
Therefore, the best way to know a sensible man, woman, boy or girl is the way he/she keeps him/herself holy before God, most especially, in sexual matters. A senseless person, in this regard, can be likened to one who falls into a toilet soak-away. What a mess! Don’t remain senseless. Repent and be wise.
1. Merciful God, forgive me all my senseless acts, in Jesus’ name.
2. Let us pray for all our youths on campuses, that the Lord should give them the grace to overcome senseless activities going on therein.
3. Lord, make me wiser than every manifestation of the spirit of harlotry.
EXTRA READING: Lam. 4:16 – 5:22; Eze. 1:1 – 2:6; Heb. 11:26 – 12:6
AUTHOR: CAC WORLDWIDE