CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH
THE LIVING WATER
DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
Friday January 10, 2020
TOPIC: RELATIONSHIP INSIDE THE COURTS
Read Psalms 84:1-12
1. How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts!
2. My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
3. Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God.
4. Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.
5. Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6. Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
7. They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
8. O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9. Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
10. For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11. For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
MEMORISE: As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God (Psalms 42:1)
Have you been to palaces, especially mansions that are intricately built to the tastes of the owners, even great palaces of first-class kings around you or outside the country? You cannot stand at the gates alone and enjoy the aesthetic beauties. When you enter the courts of those palaces, you will be thrilled. The house of God is greater in beauty and awesomeness. A true child of God will have to go to the courts of God to see Him more than the way any other person describes Him.
Many of us are not enjoying the blessings of God today, because we are not inside the courts of God. The temple of God was built with layers and stages. But there is a place called “the Holy of Holies”. It was meant for only the High Priest. It was not for ordinary people. Do you know that you are also a priest before God? But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people… (1 Pet. 2:9a). Where do you stand to serve God, and consequently, to enjoy His blessings? If you stand at the gates, you receive the blessings of the gates. But if you enter His courts, you are in His presence, where there is fullness of joy, and at His right hand (where there) are pleasures forevermore. There, He will show you the path of life (Psa. 16:11). Because Micaiah was enabled to see into the council of God, he could see beyond what the ordinary ones could see (1 Kgs 22:19ff). Go inside today, and you will never be the same. A day in His courts is more than thousands of years at the gate.
How do you enter His courts? The first thing to do is, invite Jesus Christ into your heart. Two, purify your heart with the blood of Jesus Christ. Three, invite the Holy Spirit into your heart. Four, take time to study His Word, every time. Five, take time to pray and fast before Him. And, do not forget to fellowship with God’s people in His awesome presence.
1. Lord, open Your courts in my heart, today, so that I can be in increasing levels of intimacy with You, the rest of my life.
2. Lord, give me the hunger and thirst to always be in Your courts for the latest You have for me and my world.
3. Pray that judges in our nation would no longer be favourably disposed to perverting justice in this nation, in Jesus name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 23 – 24; Matthew 10
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE